Hi, I'm Rens van der Heijden (namnatulco). This is my personal page. My interests include traditional hacker ideas (anything with computers), typical geek ideas (anything with space) and unusual music. I'm increasingly active in the OpenData group in Ulm, as well as the /dev/radio bi-weekly radio show hosted by members of the CCC Ulm.
On the web, I'm currently most active on twitter. I'm also on github, last.fm, RYM, sourceforge and a couple of other places, but they have fallen into disuse over time. When I'm not working, eating or sleeping, I either play video games or try to work on some projects: more on those projects here. One of those was setting up a new blog on this server. The old blog is still around.
If you want to reach me, the easiest way is probably skype (username is my nickname) or e-Mail. I also have a jabber nick (namnatulco at jabber.ccc.de) that I log in on with reasonable frequency. I used to be somewhat active on IRC under my nickname on various networks, though I haven't been here in a while.
Talks and events
Here's a list of things I attended (reverse-chronological).
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on April 19th 2015, talking about TLS and certificates. Episode 289.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on April 5th 2015, talking about Code for Germany and UlmAPI. Episode 288.
- I participated in the Code for Germany lab lead workshop in Leipzig on March 28th and 29th.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on March 22nd 2015, talking about streaming. Episode 287.
- I attended Open Data Day 2015 in Ulm. Check out the UlmAPI website for more info. It was lots of fun!
- I put together the upcoming /dev/radio (German) episode that will air on October 4th 2014, covering interviews from the Vintage Computer Festival Europe. Only thing I did here was put together the music for the episode. Episode 273.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on September 7th 2014, talking about cryptography. Episode 272.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on September 7th 2014, this time a pre-recorded episode on secure programming. Episode 271.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on August 24th 2014, in a discussion about "hacking" in the broader sense of the word. Episode 270.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on March 23rd 2014, in a discussion about OpenData (and a little bit of OpenScience). Episode 259.
- On Monday the 10th of March (2014), I held a Chaos seminar about software verification (in German). See this page; slides and resources are available here.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on March 9th 2014, in a discussion about NFC and ad hoc networks. Episode 258.
- I attended Open Data Day 2014 in Ulm. Check out the UlmAPI website for more info. It was lots of fun! We developed kleinerspatz, a small web-app that crawls and plots data from here, which is basically data about the availability of childcare services (basically, kindergartens).
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on February 9th 2014, in a discussion about Storage Media. Episode 256.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on January 26th 2014, in a discussion about Anime. Episode 255.
- I was on /dev/radio (German) again on December 15th 2013, in a discussion about the international Capture The Flag contest that was held recently. More information is here. I've compiled some links about the topic here.
- I gave a lightning talk (short talks, short preparation) about security at the June 2013 edition of the monthly CCC seminar in Ulm (info). Other talks included lasercutting, Raspberry Pi, educational software and the perl type system. Video and audio recordings are here.
- I gave a talk about Crypto Libraries with Marcus at an Ulm Security Sparrows meeting on June 5th, 2013 (video here, German).
- I was a guest at /dev/radio (German) on April 21st 2013 (episode 237).